OINP- Human Capital Priorities Stream
To qualify under Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream, you must:
- Have a valid profile in the Express Entry pool;
- Qualify for either the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) or the Canadian Experience Class (CEC);
- Indicate an interest in immigrating to either Ontario or “All Provinces and Territories” when you create a profile in Express Entry; AND
- Have received a Notification of Interest from Ontario through your IRCC online account.
You will be asked to select which federal program(s) you would like to be assessed against for your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).
Note: Receiving a Notification of Interest does not mean you qualify under the Human Capital Priorities Stream. Please consult the Human Capital Priorities Stream Application Guide in order to ensure you meet both provincial and federal criteria.
Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream Criteria
To be eligible to apply, you must meet the following provincial criteria:
- Work Experience: A minimum of either:
- one year work experience within the past five years according to the criteria under the Federal Skilled Workers Program
- one year work experience within the past three years according to the criteria under the Canadian Experience Class
- Education: Equivalent of a Canadian Bachelor’s degree or above
- Language: A minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in English or in French
- Settlement Funds: A minimum level of savings or income to support you and your family members
- Intent: An intention to live in Ontario
- Legal Status in Canada (if applicable): Must have legal status in Canada (i.e., study permit, work permit, visitor record) if currently residing in Canada.
- Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Score: Must have obtained a minimum CRS score under the Express Entry system as determined by the director.